21-22 Academic Progress Petition Checklist – Financial Aid
 Please read carefully before submitting your petition.
 Use this checklist to complete the steps to appeal ineligibility of your Financial Aid. Appeals are considered for students who experienced a special circumstance that prevented them from meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements. You will need to provide a detailed statement, a success plan, and documentation to support your request for reinstatement. We strongly recommend you to connect with campus resources to help you develop a success plan. All things will be considered in the review of your appeal, including all past academic history or prior petitions.
  • Complete the Petition for Reinstatement form.
  • Attach documentation to the petition form. Examples include: a letter from your health care provider, police reports, court documents, death certificate or obituary, etc.
  • If you received an incomplete grade, attach a copy of your Incomplete Grade Contract signed by your instructor. Your instructor is required to complete this contract with you and they are available in your instructor’s Division Office.
  • Submit your documents to the Financial Aid Office in one of the following ways.
    • Upload at www.edmonds.edu/finaid, click on Submit Documents Online (must be in .pdf, .jpg, .doc form), or
    • Enrollment and Financial Aid Services front counter on the 1st floor of Lynnwood Hall, or
    • Financial Aid Drop Box, located on the 1st floor of Lynnwood Hall next to Cashiers, or
    • Fax it to 425-640-1159, or
    • Mail to:
    Financial Aid Office
    Edmonds College
    20000 68th Ave W
    Lynnwood, WA 98036
  • Allow 2-3 weeks for a decision to be made, and if additional documentation is needed, the process may take longer. Petitions for the current quarter will not be reviewed until grades are posted to your transcript at the end of the quarter, unless you have already completely withdrawn. You will be notified by email once a decision has been made. You will also see your status by logging into ctcLink, click on Financial Aid tile and then Satisfactory Academic Progress status. If it has been more than 3 weeks and you have not heard back from us, contact our office.
  • You should attend your classes while your petition is being reviewed. However, you will need to be prepared to purchase your own books while you are waiting for a decision to be made. Petitions are due by the first day of the quarter following the quarter you were terminated. If you miss the deadline, you will need to pay your own tuition or drop your classes and wait for a response.
  • Reinstatement is not guaranteed and if you are denied, you must pay your own tuition within 10 days or you may be dropped for non-payment or receive a negative transcript entry. You are responsible for dropping your classes if you choose not to attend and are subject to any withdrawal, payment plan, or refund policies. If it is a hardship for you to attend without Financial Aid, you should drop your classes by the 10th day of the quarter and wait for a response to your petition before you decide to enroll in another quarter.
 Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)
Copyright © 2013 Edmonds College    All Rights Reserved
Problems with this web page?   Contact the Helpdesk